Potential as a Ski and/or Snowboarding Venue
- There are suitable slopes for slope style, halfpipe, big air, and ski/snowboard cross courses. Also, we probably could find slopes for moguls and an aerial venue.
- The best grouping of slopes is around the northwest quadrant of the site
- The ski/snowboard cross slopes are not ideal, either a bit short or a bit shallow, and they are in or adjacent to drainages. But when you watch cross events you see that they traverse the fall line quite a bit, so I would think there is a course in there somewhere.
- It would be tough to fit snowboard slalom and giant slalom on the site, maybe could fit something along the fringe of the "too steep" polygon, but none of that is on a consistent fall line.
- Since there is a lack of flat areas adjacent to the venue slopes, a large amount of earth work would be needed to create the finish areas and spectator viewing platforms.
- I'm showing a potential lift alignments for a lower lift and upper lift. The lower lift would serve the venues in the northwest quadrant and some good round trip skiing in the "too steep (for venues)" area. The upper lift would serve the longer ski/snowboard cross venue along with some good potential for round trip skiing.
Copyright Wallace Brothers Mountain, LLC. All rights reserved.